Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sawdust

In case you're wondering where you can buy sawdust to store your veggies in (the kind of sawdust you would find in a hamster cage), the answer is - nowhere that's open after 5. Agway definitely carries it, but they close at 5. Both stores.

I tried the hardware store 30 minutes south that's actually open until 7 - no luck. I tried the large grocery store that has a whole aisle of pet products - ditto. So no vegetable storing tonight. With temperatures going into the upper 20's, I can't figure what to do with the box of parsnips and carrots in my shed. Wrapped in blankets, they were okay last night. Parsnips and carrots both do fine in the garden through the winter, but would they be fine in a box? Having never discovered an accidental frozen carrot, I really have no idea. And I don't even know how to begin googling the question (and none of my books have the information).

So it's cleaning for me. And maybe, just maybe, after all that driving I'll actually get to making pickles. It'll probably just be a short night of knitting though.

No comments:

Post a Comment